Hi, today I am sharing with you the very easy and delicious homemade Greek yogurt recipe. Greek yogurt is protein-rich, so it reduces food craving. The Researcher recommends that individuals eat less throughout the day after a protein-rich breakfast. (Study)
Benefits of Greek Yogurt:
1. Greek yogurt improves bone health because it is an excellent source of calcium.
2. Probiotics are present in Greek yogurt, which is good for your gut.
3. Vegetarians are deficient in vitamin B-12 because this is naturally found in animal products. Greek yogurt is an excellent source to add Vitamin B12. One serving of Greek yogurt provides you 21.3% of the vitamin B12 of your daily required value.
4. Greek yogurt reduces blood pressure
5. Lower risk of type 2 diabetes
6. Reduce belly fat.
Delicious Recipe of Greek Yogurt:
Duration Time: Up to18 hours
Four cups of low fat milk
Quarter cup of yogurt
1. Boil milk at medium-high temperature till its temperature reaches 180 degrees F. 2. Pour the milk into a clean container and allow it cool, to reduce the temperature till 110 degrees F. 3. Mix yogurt with 1/2 cup of milk in a small bowl, then add this mixture back into remaining milk. 4. Close the lid of the container. Wrap a warm large bath towel around the container and let it sit undisturbed in a warm area for 10-12 hours or overnight. Tip: For this preheat your oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes, turned it off and place yogurt there.)
5. Refrigerate it for about 2 hours to thick its consistency.
6. Transfer this yogurt into the cheesecloth or muslin and place it into the fridge for the last step of preparation. Check your Greek yogurt every few hours until yogurt reaches your desired thickness.
Enjoy your yummy yogurt!